HOLY SPIRIT by artist Danny Hahlbohm
This painting is very precious and special to me for a number of reasons.
The Lord gave me this vision a couple years ago and I have wanted to paint it for some time. What the Lord showed me in a few seconds was the Holy spirit descending as shown in the painting. He (the Holy Spirit) came from the top right and descended down. As he did I noticed the robes he was wearing and how they fluttered and flowed as the Holy Spirit came down. I understood immediately why they said “descended like a dove”, That was what it looked like in a way. His robes fluttering almost looked like wings. This is what I tried to depict in this painting. However the main point I wanted to bring out was... the Holy spirit is a person, not a dove or an energy source blowing about.
Some cults say that the Holy Spirit is nothing more than a force. This is false. If the Holy Spirit were merely a force, then He could not speak (Acts 13:2) ; He could not be grieved (Eph 4:30); and He would not have a will (1 Cor. 12:11).The truth is that the Holy Spirit is a person the same as the Father and the Son are within the Trinity.
Qualities that a person has…(a force or thing does not)
1) The Holy Spirit has intellect. 1 Corinthians 2:10 But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God.
2) The Holy Spirit has knowledge. 1 Corinthians 2:11 even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God.
3) The Holy Spirit has emotions. Ephesians 4:30 "And grieve (to make sad or sorrowful, heavy of heart) not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption."
4) The Holy Spirit has his own will and he makes decisions. Acts 16:6 "Now when they had gone throughout Phrygia and the region of Galatia, and were forbidden of the Holy Ghost to preach the word in Asia,"
5) The Holy Spirit Loves. Romans 15:30 "Now I beseech you, brethren, for the Lord Jesus Christ's sake, and for the love of the Spirit, that ye strive together with me in your prayers to God for me;"
Things only a person would do (a force or thing does not)
1) He teaches you things about God and yourself. John 14:26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.
2) He tells the truth. John 15:26 But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me:
3) He guides. John 16:13 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will show you things to come.
4) He convinces. John 16:8 And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment:
5) He prays for you. Romans 8:26-27 Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit Himself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered. And he that searcheth the hearts knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit, because he maketh intercession for the saints according to the will of God.
6) He commands. Acts 13:2 As they ministered to the Lord, and fasted, the Holy Ghost said, Separate me Barnabas and Saul for the work whereunto I have called them.
The Holy Spirit is a person, not an energy or thing. As you walk daily with Him (the Holy Spirit) you get to know the full God-head (Father, Son and Holy Spirit) in a more personal way, and you too will testify of their unique and distinctive personalities of Holy beings.